The USA-EAST Tech Committee has reviewed the rules for OPEN STREET LEGAL SEMI TRUCKS and has made some minor modifications to the 2018 rules. These updates were needed due to the fact that a number of our Fair clients have asked for the class for next season. The revised rules are now provided for review. These rules will be adopted during the December meeting of the committee. Owners of street semi trucks are welcome to offer ideas and suggestions at this time.
1.724.301.1219 (RJ – Tech Line)
FPPTech@Gmail.com (Tech e-mail)
2018 OPEN STREET LEGAL SEMI TRUCKS
FULL PULL PRODUCTIONS, INC.
ADOPTED: xxxxxxxxxxxx, 2017
The rules are provided due to the fact that some events may elect to run this class in 2018. This class is for STREET LEGAL and STREET LICENSED semi trucks. Trucks in this class are expected to be regularly driven on the highway. Any truck that dominates in the class may be handicapped. This is truly an OPEN class for all semi trucks, but it is definitely NOT a PURE STOCK class. There maybe other “local fair’ rules imposed on this class when it runs.
LEGALITY OF ENTRY
All entries must be a Street Licensed Semi Truck. Truck must be capable of pulling a trailer on the highway. All trucks must be driven to the pulls. These rules may be altered or changed at any time throughout the season for anything that becomes a safety issue.
REGISTRATION and ENTRY AT THE PULLS
The owner must furnish a current registration card for the vehicle at the time of registration and the driver must have a valid CDL license.
No riders are permitted in truck during pull attempt. Driver may not leave the driver’s seat while vehicle is on the pulling track. Driver will take all direction from the flagman on the track.
Trucks that compete regularly are required to have their own hitching device that is subject to approval by the head tech official at each event. This hitch must work from the 5th wheel with the 5th wheel centered between the two rear axles. The hitch must be adjustable so that the height from the ground to the point of hook is between 18” and 14” + or – 1”. The promoter will provide hitches at each event. The hitch will be measured immediately before the semi hooks to the sled.
Fifth Wheel No further forward then the center of the front axle and no further back then center between the two axles
The use of air bags is permitted. However NO air may be added to or removed from the air bags while the truck is hooked to the weight transfer machine. The height of the hitch must remain the same from start to finish.
AIR BAGS MUST BE FULLY INFLATED DURING THE SETTING OF THE HITCH HEIGHT. Any attempt to get around this rule will be reason for disqualification.
WEIGHT OF TRUCK (22,000 LB. MAXIMUM)
The truck shall appear ‘road ready’. No added weight or ballast is permitted. Special trucks, such as oil field trucks that carry additional weight that is not normally found on a ‘road ready’ truck are not permitted in this class. The promoter may weigh any truck at any time. Trucks with triple (3) rear axles are not permitted to participate in this class.
- Water injection in any form is not permitted.
- Weight is 22,000 Lbs. Fuel tank must be full when weighed. No fuel may be added after the truck has been weighed.
- No ether, alcohol, nitrous or other combustible (propellant) liquid or combustible material may be injected into the turbo-charger or any part of the air intake system.
- Alteration/modification/replacement of the (OEM) original factory fuel pump is not permitted. No pump may be modified with Sigma parts. No Billet fuel pumps.
- A Cummins engine must have a Cummins fuel pump – A Detroit must have a Detroit fuel pump – A Cat must have a cat fuel pump.
- No sigma pumps OR MW pumps are permitted. Normal pump diesel is the only fuel permitted in this class.
- Turbos are limited to single O.E.M .Turbocharger with an O.E.M 4.1 inch maximum inducer bore on the atmosphere turbo with O.E.M factory exhaust wheels. The bore will be measured using a 4.15 inch slug. Map width enhancement of .180” maximum is permitted which must be in the O.E.M. location. No Billet wheels or any type of non-O.E.M Housing permitted nor are design modifications to allow a larger wheel to be used in the turbo housing. Exception: A factory 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 & 2011 CAT twin turbo engine is permitted with the factory-installed non-altered turbos. If you have an exhaust that comes through the hood or is modified from factory position you will have to install 2 3/8” grade 8 bolts 90 degrees of each other within 1” from each other in the vertical part of the exhaust.
- Center line of rear axle to hook point on the semi hitch must be no greater than 7 feet.
- Drivers must use a seat belt and/or shoulder harness when hooked to the sled.
- Fifth Wheel Position- Kingpin/Fifth wheel plate position No further forward then the center of the front axle and no further back then center between the two axles
Must have a minimum of 66” from center of tandems to first structural obstruction such as the bunk, toolbox, cab, etc. This is the minimum swing clearance needed to pull a trailer.
- There must be 66” from the center of the tandems to the first obstruction forward such as the back of the truck cab, toolbox, wet line box, etc.
- Tandem axle spacing must be between 60” and 52”