Semi Trucks will fall into three (3) different categories for the 2017 season with USA-EAST.
The PA POSSE will not operate as a separate class in 2017.
BIG RIGS PULLING SERIES
- No major rule changes are anticipated from previous years
- A 300’ Full Pull line will be used as the norm at most events
- Trucks will be weighed (20,000lbs) at selected events
- The USA-EAST fuel checking program will be used at selected events
- The ‘Pre Commitment’ program will be the same as in 2016
- Purses will remain essentially the same as in 2016
- Point Fund will remain essentially the same as in 2016
- USA-EAST members will receive preference in all cases
- Canfield Fair pull is restricted to USA-EAST member trucks that have participated with the Big Rig Series in 2017.
- PA POSSE trucks (from previous years) may enter the Big Rigs pulls
- A Big Rig style hitch is required to be used at all Big Rigs pulls
- Former PA POSSE trucks may have two hitches in 2017
INVITATIONAL SEMI TRUCKS
- This is NOT a contest. There is NO winner and NO loser. This is a show!
- USA-EAST members will receive first chance at all open spots
- All types of trucks (Rigs – Posse – Hot Stock) will be considered.
- The goal is to use all Posse type trucks in the ‘invitationals’. When all trucks are Posse type trucks the normal Posse style hitch is used.
- An entry fee of $25.00 will be charged to each truck. This entry fee will be waived if a single truck signs up for ALL ‘Invitational’ events.
- The entry fee is waived for 2017 Big Rig Series pre-committed trucks.
- A ‘Flat Fee Purse’ will be paid to each invited truck. This fee will be negotiated with individual owners prior to the event.
- A Big Rig style hitch is required to be used at all ‘Invitational’ pulls when any Big Rig trucks are included in the field.
EXCEPTION: Non PA POSSE street rucks that are still licensed for the highway and may still be street driven.
- Former POSSE trucks may have two hitches in 2017
- A “Floating Finish Line” will be used for these pulls
STREET LICENSED SEMI TRUCKS
- Any truck competing in either class above is barred from this class.
- This is not a stock class.
- USA-EAST reserves the right to ‘drop the drawbar’ on certain trucks.
- NO membership is required in order to compete.
- Trucks are expected to use their own 5th wheel hitching device.
- Owners may ‘rent’ a USA-EAST hitch at a cost of $50.00 per pull. This may be waived at certain events. Hitches may not be available at all events (please check)