2018 USA-EAST TRACTOR CLASSES RULE UPDATES
November, 22nd, 2017
2018 HOT ROD V-8 RULE UPDATES
- Technical Inspections:
- Ray Bell – Lisbon, Ohio is the USA-East Appointed Tech Director for the Class
- Pans must be sealed with USA-EAST wire seal on two oil pan bolts – No other seals accepted
- Competitors must be able to have their engine pumped at ANYTIME during the pull season. A 1% variance will be permitted.
2018 CLASSIC SUPER STOCK RULE UPDATES
- Age Of Tractor: 1975 and older but including total run of that model
- Matt Spillman as Class Chairman
2018 LIMITED PRO STOCK / SUPER FARM STOCK RULE UPDATES
- Limited Pro Stock G-Trim Max on Exhaust Side of Turbo (Limited to 4.5” Outlet I.D.”)
- Limited Pro Stock 8700 Lbs.
- Super Farm 9500 Lbs.
- May be altered to ensure competitiveness of class
- FUEL TESTING
- Tractor must be running when fuel sample is drawn
- Fuel Sample must come from “T-Valve/Petcock” injection pump return line
- Any Tractor found with “Illegal Fuel” will be subject to fuel testing at all future events for the remainder of the season
- Any 2nd Fuel violation in a single season will result in a 375 day banishment for the class at all USA-East Events for the Driver and Tractor
- All tractors will be subject to fuel testing at any time
2018 “SMOKER” TRACTORS
- B. Alcohol Tractors with no more than 504 cubic Inches (w/three chargers)
1. Maximum weight to be 8500 pounds
2018 “2 HOT 2 FARM” TRACTORS
- RPM Limit
- Will be required to have working rpm sensor with one magnet pickup required. Female 3-prong AC outlet required for box to plug into.
- Approved hand throttle permitted as per USA-EAST Specs (page 2 #5 in Rulebook)
- Map Width Groove (MWE) 0.150”
- HYDRAULICS – Deleted from rules
2018 “HOT FARM” TRACTORS
- Map Width Groove (MWE) 0.200”
USA-East would permit a tractor using these rules to compete at USA-Events in 2018
The following is the 2018 NTPA Hot Farm Tractor Rules
1. 510 cubic inch limit (+ or – 1 percent). Maximum of 8 cylinders permitted.
2. Engine head must be OEM agriculture-type (no aftermarket head) for that brand engine. Must have engine Cubic Inched prior to tractors first hook with USA-East
3. No overhead cams allowed. Maximum of 2 valves per cylinder.
a) Intake manifold may be non-OEM with a maximum inlet size 3.75” measured on the outside diameter. One inlet pipe only.
b) No intercooler or aftercooler allowed. If OEM intercooler manifold is used it must be disconnected from all cooling means. No CO2 or any other means of cooling the air in the piping or manifold. No ice filled or ice cooled devices onboard tractor of any kind. All engine air must enter the inlet of the turbo at ambient air temp and humidity. Inlet air may not be drawn thru or across any type of cooling device.
c) Exhaust headers allowed
5. Turbo restriction:3” inlet X 3½” exhaust outlet, no waste gates. Compressor wheel must protrude into the 3” bore. Intake housing to be no larger than three inches at the face of the wheel. No additional openings in compressor housing outside the 3” opening. The exhaust side to be no larger than 3.5″ at the face of the wheel and the wheel should protrude the housing 1/8″. MWE groove is allowed a maximum width of .200. MWE groove must be inside neck area where intake covered is measured at 3”
6. The Maximum allowed size pump for diesel injection is a P-Pump. (No aftermarket housing) Only one plunger per cylinder allowed.